The Farmers Institute is the main building of a small campus of Quaker buildings located in a seven acre grove near Lafayette, IN. It is a wood frame building constructed in 1851 and enhanced by Greek Revival elements. The building housed the first rural high school in Tippecanoe County, the first public high school in the township, and the first public library in the township. It is also one of the few Quaker academy buildings that exist in the state. The school continued until 1874, but Quaker meetings were held in the building until 1882. From 1882-1889, the building was used as a public high school and library. Quakers took ownership again in 1889 and continue to have meetings in the building.



4626 W 660 S, Shadeland, IN 47909