Kopf and Deery, architects, seem to have started a long partnership with the Fair Board in 1919 with the design of this building. At the time, many fairgrounds buildings were wooden frame, or at best, brick and wood. Kopf and Deery used steel, brick and concrete to create a more fireproof structure here. It was during the teens and twenties that the Fair Board began a long campaign to replace all of the temporary buildings at the fairgrounds. Notice again the corner tower design. These towers somewhat resemble four-square type houses which were very popular at the time. Again, the interior is covered by a wide span metal truss roof.



1202 E 38th St, Indianapolis, IN 46205